The UNSW Biological, Earth and Environmental advisory board comprises of stakeholders from government agencies and industry bodies.
The purpose of the advisory board is to:
- Review School activities and provide advice and support to the Head of School, to accomplish the School’s vision;
- Consider the academic vision and achievements of the School and provide an external view of the relevance of teaching and research agendas;
- Assist in the development of key research and education linkages with relevant industry, community, government and regulatory bodies;
- Advise and inform on external factors that could impact the School and its workings;
- Raise awareness of the School and its activities among alumni, the profession, industry, Government and the community;
- Provide support and introductions to enhance fund raising activities and research funding;
- Provide input into the formulation, development, refinement and implantation of strategic priorities for the School in line with the UNSW 2025 strategy; and
- Serve as a source of independent advice to the Head of School with regard to strategy and external relations.
- Dr Suzanne Hollins, Head of Research, Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
- Dr Georgina Kelly, Executive Director, Science Division, NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
- Mike Smith, Australian Geoscience Council
- Associate Professor Paul Willis, CEO, Media Engagement Services
- Professor Kristofer Helgen, Chief Scientist and Director, Australian Museum Research Institute