BSB Student Office
The BSB (BABS-SOMS-BEES) Student Office is the student enquiry centre for current students in the schools of BABS (Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences), SOMS (School of Medical Sciences) and BEES (Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences).
Room G27, Ground Floor
Biological Sciences Building (D26)
Monday - Friday
9:00am-12:30pm and 1:30pm-4:30pm (closed 12:30pm-1:30pm)
BEES (undergraduate and honours)
Student Advisor (BEES)
Tel: +61 (2) 9385 2961
BEES (postgraduate coursework)
Student Advisor (IES)
Tel: +61 (2) 9385 5687
BABS (undergraduate and honours)
Student Advisor (BABS)
Tel: +61 (2) 9385 8047
Student Advisor (SOMS)
Tel: +61 (2) 9385 2464
If you are a BABS, SOMS or BEES student, visit the BSB Student Office for:
- Assignment submission
- Enrolment issues
- Timetable clashes
- Enrolment without prerequisites
- Waiting lists for full courses
- Academic/Program advice
- Major study plans
- Prerequisite queries
- Elective and General Education choices
- Course information
- Variation of program
- Progress checks
- Student exchange credit
- Prospective students (how to apply, eligibility requirements)
- Current students
- Calculator approvals
- Advice on how to apply for
What we don’t do and who does it!
- Formal Graduation checks – Science Student Centre
- Major declaration – Science Student Centre
- Internal Program Transfer - Science Student Centre
- Credit Transfer/Advanced Standing - Science Student Centre
- Cross-Institutional Credit - Science Student Centre
- Fees (queries and overdue fees) – Student Central
- Review of Results - Student Central
- Email/myUNSW/Moodle/Blackboard issues – IT Service Centre
Lab coats and chocolates!
In collaboration with BIOSOC (Biological Sciences Student Society), the BSB Student Office raises money for biology based charities. All profits from the sale of Cadbury chocolates and disposable lab coats go to the nominated BIOSOC charity of the semester.
Past and current charities:
- S1 2013: Royal Botanic Garden Save A Species
- S2 2012: Australian Marine Conservation Society
- S1 2012: Taronga Zoo Tasmanian Devil Breeding Program
- S2 2011: Rainforest Rescue
Assessment Cover Sheet (individual)
This page must be attached to all assessments lodged at the BSB Student Office by an individual student.
This page is to be attached to any single assignment that is being submitted on behalf of more than one student to the BSB Student Office.
This form is for timetable clashes involving courses with the School of BABS, SOMS and BEES.